About the Law Office of Koby Kirkland
I’ve been handling injury cases since obtaining my Texas law license in 2014. I know the process of how injury claims work, but more importantly, how to present a case in its best light to give it the best chance of a good recovery.
In 2020, I expanded my practice into Alabama, where the Law Office of Koby Kirkland, LLC is headquartered in downtown Mobile. From here, I represent injured folks throughout Alabama and Texas, and nationwide in my federal tort and vaccine practices.
I was born and raised in a West Texas city called Odessa--we're known for Friday Night Lights and the oilfield. Growing up, I worked all kinds of jobs: on my grandad's ranches, waiting tables, car audio, high-rise window washing, oilfield pipelining, even a stint as a Disneyworld cashier! I got my first job at a law firm in the summer of 2007, processing thousands of federal tort claims related to Hurricane Katrina. After college, I went on a 14,000-mile motorcycle trip across the country, then worked for several injury law firms before deciding to go to law school.
I met my wife, Catherine, at the University of Texas. She is also an attorney (and a better one than me!) and is the mother of our children, Ben and Sam, and baby Claire on the way!
I am competent but I’m also kind. I’m not a jerk who will treat the other side like garbage. That’s not my style. After all, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
I represent injured folks because I like working for people—families and individuals, not corporations and businesses. From bad laws, unreasonable insurance companies, and the complicated legal process, in a lot of ways the deck is stacked against injured victims. Helping people who got a raw deal navigate these obstacles and get some kind of justice is why I do this work.
Here’s a quick rundown of my credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree with high honors from the University of Texas at Austin
- Law degree from the University of Texas School of Law, admitted to the Order of the Barristers for excellence in advocacy
- Admitted to practice law in Texas, Alabama, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The American Association for Justice – Past Chair of the Federal Tort & Military Advocacy Section
- Member of the Alabama Association for Justice
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019-2021
- Member of the 2021-2022 cohort of the Texas Opportunity & Justice Incubator